Eliot Show Earns Gift For Cancer Institute

By Lori E. Smith

Organizers of the 1991 An Evening With Champions ice-skating benefit presented the proceeds to the Jimmy Fund of the Dana Farber Cancer Institute during a dinner in Eliot House last week.

Outgoing co-chair Markus F. Mullarkey '92 presented Jimmy Fund officials with a check for $120,000 that will be used for childrens' cancer research.

Mullarkey said the annual charity fundraiser brought in more money than ever, but the check was no higher than in previous years because of tendencies in the past to inflate the actual figure on the check.

Representatives of CVS, a major corporate sponsor of the event and a $35,000 donor, were also present at the Friday night dinner.

Corporate sponsors donated an .additional $5000. The remaining $80,000 wasgenerated by ticket sales and private donations,Mullarkey said.

The Evening of Champions show, which was heldlast fall, featured Paul E. Wylie '91 and NancyKerrigan. The pair both won medals at the 1992Winter Olympics.

"We sold out all three nights," said Mullarkey."We haven't done that in a long time.