Sarsfield and Williams Poor Losers

TO THE EDITORS OF THE CRIMSON:

Though one hardly expects the losers of an election to be an optimistic bunch, I feel I have to take issue with the statements of Amanda Williams and Luke Sarsfield in yesterday's Crimson predicting the imminent demise of the Harvard-Radcliffe Republican Club. Far from being "dead" as Williams asserts, we are alive as never before. In an open and honest election, the members of our organization overwhelmingly endorsed myself and my colleagues as the best choice to lever this club out of the rut in which it has been stuck for so long.

We have done what Republicans must do on a national scale; we have achieved consensus and are now prepared to take action. Far from excluding moderate Republicans or becoming "Peninsula's little brother" as Williams asserts, we have taken the first step towards forming a club which will be an active force on this campus, one which agrees on the course of action to be taken and has the will and expertise to win. I ask the members of the Harvard community to keep an eye on us over the next year. You'll be hearing a lot from us. Judge for yourself whether we are a group suffering from disunity or are a solid force. The answer will be clear.

As for Mr. Sarsfield and Miss Williams, I think perhaps they are confusing their personal ambitions with the good of the club. Instead of complaining about the outcome of the democratic process, perhaps they should give some thought to the meaning of being not merely poor candidates, but poor losers as well. Bradford P. Campbell '95   President-Elect Harvard-Radcliffe Republican Club