Police Log

By Courtney A. Coursey, CRIMSON STAFF WRITER

Feb. 24:

7:35 P.M.-- A caller reported that a guest at the Harvard Square Hotel refused to pay for food that was delivered. Harvard University Police Department (HUPD) officers were dispatched and the guest decided to pay and tip the delivery person.

Feb. 25:

1:09 A.M.-- A caller reported a man sleeping on the stairs of Apley Court. Officers questioned the individual and ran a warrant check which turned up negative. The individual was then sent on his way.

Feb. 26:

1:22 P.M.-- A person approached a HUPD officer and turned over a package that they believed contained drugs.

4:55 P.M.-- HUPD responded to a report of a motor vehicle driving erratically in the Soldiers Field parking lot. Officers spoke with the party and sent them on their way.

Feb. 27:

1:27 A.M.-- A caller reported loud noises coming from the second floor of the Carpenter Center. Officers advised the students responsible that they were disturbing their neighbors and the music was turned off.

3:24 P.M.-- HUPD officers were sent to Memorial Hall to take a report of a stolen DVD player.

5:30 P.M.-- Officers were sent to the Divinity School to take a report that an unwanted male may attempt to attend a lecture on Feb. 28.

Feb. 28:

12:14 P.M.-- A caller reported that two parties were stripping on the Science Center Mall. Officers found that a male and female had undressed down to their underwear as part of a demonstration. Officers instructed the parties to put their clothing back on and explained the ramifications of their actions.

9:56 P.M.-- HUPD units were dispatched to Vanderbilt Hall on the report of a disturbance. Officers found the cause of the disturbance to be a dispute about the usage of a squash court, which the officers settled.

Feb. 29:

10:41 A.M.: HUPD units responded to a report of the attempted theft of a delivery truck at the Harvard Business School.

3:11 P.M.: Officers took a report at the Spangler Building of the Harvard Law School involving a counterfeit bill.