CRIMSON TAKES IT TO NIEMAN FELLOWS

The Harvard Crimson softball team continued its reign of terror yesterday, rolling over the Nieman Fellows 23-2 at Cambridge Commons.

The Crimson tallied many hits--beyond the meager math skills of Ivy League college students--including 11 home runs.

There were many standout performances for the Crimson. Freshman David Fahrenthold tied a Major League record by hitting four home runs in four consecutive at-bats. The last person to accomplish the feat in the majors was current New York Yankee Mark Whiten, who hit four round-trippers in one game as a member of the St. Louis Cardinals.

The last person to hit at least four home runs in a Crimson softball game was junior Andy Green, currently one of the paper's Managing Editor. Green, who left the yard six times in last year's game against the Nieman fellows, hit two homers of his own in yesterday's rout. The Nieman fellows were themselves no slouches. They included several strong hitters, as well as a short-stop who had read about baseball all his life but never played the game.

He recorded an assist in the first inning and made several diving stops to keep the Crimson scoring under control.