Taking the SAT...III?

The SAT: Harvardians :: Janet Jackson’s career: music industry. Both are so over. Right? Recent news exposed the ploys of
By Kriti Lodha

The SAT: Harvardians :: Janet Jackson’s career: music industry. Both are so over. Right?

Recent news exposed the ploys of Baylor University, an institution that was offering freshmen the chance to retake the SATs (read: paying them to retake the SATs) in order to boost statistical averages and gain potential scholarship grants. This struck FM as a questionable practice, so we tested a random sampling of undergrads in order to see whether Harvard students would do better taking the SATs now, or if our best standardized days, along with curfews and chaperoned dances, are a thing of the past.

1. The ________ decor of the King’s palace left many in wonder of its grandeur.

A) poor

B) sybaritic

C) luxuriant

D) austere

E) bucolic

Most popular answer: C

Correct answer: B

2. In Annenberg, a survey was conducted with the Class of 2012. In a class of 1666 students, 397 students sneak out cereal, 210 sneak out fruit, and 110 sneak out both cereal and fruit. How many students sneak out either food items?

A) This is why people gain the Freshmen 15.

B) What, no cookies???

C) -52 students

D) The same number of people who sneak in through the back door

E) Now the real question is, who gives a shit?

Most popular: E

Correct: N/A

3. Since the professor questioned whether Seth cited ________ sources in his paper, she sought out the ________ of her colleagues.

A) creditable...recommendation

B) valid...reprobation

C) legitimate...council

D) reliable...input

E) viable...apprehension

Most popular: C

Correct: D

4. If McCain can fill one debate with 24 “My friend(s),” and Palin can fill another debate with 6 winks, how long will it take for both of them to fill a debate together?

A) Ask Joe the Plumber.

B) I don’t know. You know? *wink*

C) To infinity... and beyond!

D) Too long.

E) There is not enough information to answer this question.

Most popular: A

Correct: N/A