Harvard Student Philip V. Streich ’13 Dies

By Melanie A. Guzman, Crimson Staff Writer

Philip V. Streich ’13, a Leverett House undergraduate, died on Tuesday in an accident at his family’s farm in Platteville, Wis., Leverett administrators announced in an email to students on Sunday.

Streich was widely known at the College as a scientific prodigy who had co-founded two companies. He started nanotechnology firm Graphene Solutions as a teenager, before coming to Harvard, and was the founder and CEO of clean energy company Streich Solar Industries.

At the time of his death, he was on leave from the College, pursuing his scientific businesses.

Streich was also known for the awards he won in science competitions including the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair prior enrolling at the College.

“His energy, intelligence, and talent were apparent to all who knew him,” Leverett House Master Howard M. Georgi ’68 and Resident Dean Lauren E. Brandt ’01 wrote in their email.

The email said that a gathering in Leverett House Junior Common Room will be held Sunday evening in memory of Streich and his family will host a memorial service in Princeton, N.J.

—Staff writer Melanie Guzman can be reached at melanieguzman@college.harvard.edu.

CollegeLeverett