Arts Playlist: Best Study Break Jams

“September” by Earth, Wind, and Fire
“September” by Earth, Wind, and Fire By Courtesy of Wikimedia Commons
By Aurelia S. Han, Crimson Staff Writer

Welcome to midterm season. It’s time to rise and grind, ladies and gents. Days here are cold, long, and dreary. Sometimes all you need is a playlist for a little motivation, a little pep in your step, and some tunes to get your pen tapping and your head bobbing. This isn’t exactly a playlist you listen to while working, but it’s your study break and dance break in one to re-energize. Put your earphones in or blast it in your room, and you’ll be ready to dive back in to work. While listening to this playlist, there’s no p-set you can’t take on or study guide that’s too long.

“Don’t Stop Me Now” by Queen

There’s no motivation like Queen belting “Don’t Stop Me Now” in your ear while you’re on the brink of study stress. We’ve all been there when we’re one of the last Lamonsters of the night. It’s time to put on some Queen to remind you that you can do anything.

“Good Life” by OneRepublic

When everything just seems to suck, it’s always nice to remind yourself that the life you're living is pretty darn good. When you hear the opening beats, you’ll know the lyrics, so grab some friends and jam out.

“The Sound of Sunshine” by Michael Franti & Spearhead

There have definitely been a few nights when the late nights have morphed into early mornings. You’ve got another long day ahead of you and haven’t slept in a while, so this song will make it just a little bit easier to welcome the new day.

“Losing It” by Fisher

As the song title may suggest, you might be losing it a little, and that’s totally okay. We’ve all been there. Instead of bottling up all of that negative energy, just let it out and groove out to this electronic mix.

“Good Form” by Nicki Minaj (ft. Lil Wayne)

Leave it to Nicki to lighten the mood a little. Jam out to this in Widener during a study break. Game changer.

“Paradise” by George Ezra

The library is most definitely not a paradise, but Ezra will take you away from the stacks for a little bit. You won’t help but crack a smile when you hear his songs come on.

“Happier” by Marshmello, Bastille

This 2018 hit is both Marshmello and Bastille’s highest charting single, and there’s reason behind that. It’s catchy and fun and exactly what you need for a long night studying.

“Good as Hell” by Lizzo

It’s the night before a big exam, and you might not be feeling totally confident in yourself. Let Lizzo remind you of how awesome you are. This is the confidence boost you’re looking for.

“Dreaming” by Smallpools

American indie-pop band Smallpools pours energy into its debut 2013 single “Dreaming.” When they sing, “But I could go all night,” you’ll feel like you can do the same.

“September” by Earth, Wind, & Fire

At this point in the night, you’re almost done studying and hopefully ready to go to bed. Close out the night with this smooth yet funky jam to put you in a good and confident mood to take on everything you have on your plate.

—Staff writer Aurelia S. Han can be reached at aurelia.han@thecrimson.com

ArtsCulture