Harvard Launches Third Sexual Misconduct Climate Survey

Divinity School Student Government Calls On Harvard to Divest from ‘Illegal Occupation of Palestine’

Doug Brown Vows To Be ‘Tireless Supporter’ of Families if Elected to Cambridge Council

Doug Brown is running for Cambridge City Council on a platform prioritizing families and the climate.
Doug Brown is running for Cambridge City Council on a platform prioritizing families and the climate. By Julian J. Giordano
By Jina H. Choe, Crimson Staff Writer

Longtime activist Doug P. Brown has promised to be a “tireless supporter” of Cambridge families and a “strong advocate” for the environment if elected to Cambridge City Council.

In his first run for Council, Brown hopes to help families through expanded after-school options, improved bike safety, and controlled housing costs. Brown’s housing platform includes the creation of a housing bond, greater funding for first-time homeowners, and moderate zoning reforms.

Brown has committed to a “coalition position” of upholding the Cycling Safety Ordinance but believes the ordinance must be updated. He co-chaired the city’s Climate Zoning Task Force and founded Friends of the Greenway, a group advocating for green space in Cambridge and Watertown.

Brown did not respond to requests for an interview with The Crimson.

—Staff writer Jina H. Choe can be reached at jina.choe@thecrimson.com.

CambridgeMetro