From Beef to Bots? Harvard Professors Mired in Debate Over Spam Emails, Industry-Funded Research

Days Before Deadline, Environmentalist Overseer Campaign Harvard Forward On Track To Reach Nomination Goal

Swissbäkers Reopens Allston Location in Light of Recent Closures

Harvard Scientists Find Stress Makes Hair Turn Gray

The New Gen Ed Lottery System, Explained

Three-Star Recruit Johnson Signs with Harvard

By David Freed, Crimson Staff Writer

Just before the Harvard men’s basketball team started off its season, it already began to plan for the next one. On Tuesday, Vermont Academy three-star guard Corey Johnson became the fourth player to join the Crimson’s class of 2015.

Johnson, who boasts size (6’6”) and a nice shooting touch, is part of Harvard coach Tommy Amaker’s effort in recent classes to replace the shooting that left Cambridge last spring—when able shooters Brandyn Curry ’13-14, Kyle Casey ’13-14, and Laurent Rivard ’14 graduated.

The signing cements Harvard’s growing ability to recruit north of the border. Johnson, who is from Ontario, would be the fourth Canadian on the Harvard roster—joining freshman Chris Egi (Markham, Ontario) and juniors Agunwa Okolie (Ajax, Ontario) and Patrick Steeves (Montreal, Quebec).

Johnson will join Tommy McCarthy, Weisner Perez, and Blasa Dragovic in the four-person class, which could expand to five later this fall. McCarthy and Johnson, along with current sophomore Corbin Miller and freshman Andre Chatfield, will be the core of the future in the backcourt for Amaker’s squad.

Breaking SportsMen's Basketball