Glamour Honors Her Campus

•

On Monday, Glamour magazine honored three Harvard alumnae, founders of Her Campus, an online magazine that promotes journalism for female undergraduates across the country.

The founders, who were recognized among Glamour’s “20 Amazing Young Women,” are Windsor G. Hanger '10, Stephanie M. Kaplan '10, and Annie Wang '11-'12.

Her Campus was developed when Hanger, Kaplan, and Wang—then heads of Freeze Magazine—identified an unfulfilled niche: an online hub for college women and a platform for aspiring student journalists to get published.

Her Campus has grown into an online magazine that publishes content about campuses across the country. It currently serves 73 college campuses and plans to expand to 100 in early January, Hanger said. The founders are also planning on expanding the role of Her Campus. They hope to begin organizing campus events, making collaborations with larger brands, and developing new content, they said.

All three said they were excited about the honor. “Having Glamour’s recognition adds a level of legitimacy and prestige to what we’re doing,” Kaplan said.

Her Campus has been able to offer opportunities to female undergraduates across the country, Wang said.

“Her Campus serves as a career launching point for aspiring journalists where such an opportunity wasn’t available before,” Wang said.

The magazine and its founders have placed many women in jobs and internships since 2009, according to the founders.

Photo courtesy of Her Campus.

Student Publications

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.