Jukebox: Spring Break

For some, spring break is just around the corner. For others, it’s already here (nothing happens in class on Thursdays anyway). Whether you’re avoiding sunburn or your mother’s questions about summer jobs, FM has the songs that will define your spring break.
By Petey E. Menz

Tired of Waking Up Tired The Diodes

Spring break comes after weeks of midterms and papers, and that makes it the perfect time to catch up on sleep. Why everyone spends it partying is beyond us.

Let Me Take Your Foto — Speedies

Whether it’s the first time you’re travelling with your blockmates or the last hurrah with the homies, someone on your spring break trip will want to immortalize every waking moment. They’ll also take pictures of you when you’re passed out. This power pop anthem might as well be their mantra, though FM can’t guarantee their demands for you to pose will be nearly so melodic.

Slightly Drunk — Squeeze

Perhaps more than slightly, but it’s fine as long as you alternate.

Suburban Home — Descendants

For those not looking to reenact “Spring Breakers,” a vacation at home is the perfect alternative. And while you’re visiting your parents and high school buds, you can revisit your teen angst with snotty anthems like this.

Let’s Live for Today — The Grass Roots

The perfect response to anyone who tries to remind you about the junior paper draft due when classes resume.

Two Weeks — Grizzly Bear

Yale has it—why can’t we?

MusicSpring BreakA Little Levity