The Most Romantic Experiences at Harvard

By Sophia Salamanca

Here at Harvard, we are extremely emotionally isolated and depressed 90 percent of the time, which makes actual productive relationships very difficult. But we have to get our emotional fix where we can. Here are the small romantic things at Harvard that make our hearts beat just a little faster, so we can all feel more loved this Valentine’s Day <3

HUDS Heart-warmers

“My friend doesn’t like FlyBy so he gets extra chips and oreos to give me.”

“The guy working the house grille remembered my name because I go there so often.”

“Someone left me the top piece of french toast — with all the powdered sugar! — at brunch.”

“Someone let me have the last PB&J at FlyBy.” (“FlyBy is such a vulnerable moment.”)

“Laura at Berg going, ‘enjoy your dinner, have a good day!’”

Harvard Square Sentimentality

“Getting very specifically catcalled outside of CVS.”

“My roommate brought a flower-shaped gelato from Amorino back for me.”

Love Around Campus

“Sharing scooters with my friends just for the hugs.” “Do you ever ‘Titanic’ on the scooters?” “Yeah, all the time.”

“The other day someone held the door open for me and asked for my name, and then I walked into a column.”

“Sharing a section of the revolving door in the Science Center.”

“The CA walking you through the p-set… that’s actually my love language.”

“In Lamont, I was getting on all fours to plug my charger into the outlet, when someone else got on all fours to do it for me. It was like I was a damsel in distress.”

Friendship is the Best Ship

“Cuddling in my roommate’s bed :)”

“My friends walk me from Wigg to Straus at night, even though I could go on my own.”

“Sometimes my roommate leaves me post-it notes with candy!”

Maybe we can all take some tips from these experiences to be a little more romantic to everyone on campus. Happy Valentine’s Week!

Flyby BlogAround Campus

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.