March 5, 2020

Volume XXXI, Issue IV

Editor's Note

Dearest Reader, When MKT first noticed Campus Reform's coverage of Harvard, she was surprised by its tenor, its tone: Many of the articles the conservative media outlet published centered on aspects of university life that her peers found, well, mostly normal. For this week's cover story, she dives into the alternate media reality sustained by Fox News and Campus Reform, exploring how and why it diverges from the reality most Harvard students know. And when those two realities come into conflict, rarely is it pretty. But that's not all you'll find in this issue: RLL profiles Changie Yuri, who is self-publishing a book of prose/poetry. SGL writes about the Harvard student who brought his mom to school with him — permanently. SDBB describes a musical instrument powered by fermenting vegetables. JZL gets to know Miss Chinatown USA. SSI explores a new payment method making its way through all your favorite Harvard Square shops. NBF demos what may well be the most expensive Gen Ed ever. KL visits the Boston Hassle Flea Market and takes in its "hardscrabble glory." Assuming you aren't "uncultured or a boomer," you'll love HTW's profile of viral Harvard TikTokker Joshua Chiang. And RC and SSL finish out the issue with two beautifully rendered endpapers. Read on, dear reader; we hope you love what you find! Yours, AWDA